[meta-freescale] hob error: libgl conflicting PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries

Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com
Tue Nov 11 00:59:12 PST 2014

Hi,
After the getting started I tried to use Hob to play a little with different setups. I added the "meta-fsl-arm" and "meta-fsl-arm-extra" layers, selected the wandboard quad and directly after the selection during the step "generating dependency tree" I got this :

Trying to resolve runtime dependency libgl resulted in conflicting PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries being found.
The providers found were: ['/home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.1.3.bb', '/home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_3.10.17-1.0.1-hfp.bb']
The PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries resulting in this conflict were: ['PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/mesa = mesa', 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl = gpu-viv-bin-mx6q']

Same also for libgl_dev.
Obviously two providers for libgl but why are both "preferred" ? And why does the first entry say 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/mesa = mesa' instead of 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl = mesa' ?

I googled a little but didn't find a working solution, do you have an idea/hint how this can be resolved ?
Thank you for your time and help,
Mat