[meta-freescale] Unable to get u-boot running on i.MX6 SABRE for Smart Devices Eval Board

Guillaume Fournier gfournier at brioconcept.com
Wed Nov 5 08:15:58 PST 2014

>>>I am failing to see what is missing? I use the toolchain for kernel and  u-boot development with no issues. What problems you are facing?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
>>
>> I know it is a long post but could you read the first email I sent to the mailing list? I think this will sum it up for you.  Except for the last bit where I used the mfgtools instead of the cfimager (I changed after Daiane suggestion), everything is still relevant.  Thanks for stepping in Otavio.
>
>As I said on the other e-mail you need to use the u-boot.imx file, not the u-boot.bin one. Another change needed for mfgtool xml file is the dd command which needs the removal of 'seek=2' as it has no padding..

I'm now using the cfimager instead of the mfgtool as suggested by Daiane.  I am using u-boot.imx as follow:
cfimager -f u-boot.imx -raw -offset 1024 -skip 1024 -d d

If I use an .sdcard file from a Yocto build like this:
cfimager -f core-image-base-imx6dlsabresd.sdcard -raw -d d

That works.  If I'm using, *from the same build*, the u-boot.imx like this:
cfimager -f u-boot.imx -raw -offset 1024 -skip 1024 -d d

It doesn't!  Of course, if I use my custom built u-boot, it doesn't either.  I'm starting to believe that cfimager parameter are the culprit.

Guillaume Fournier