[meta-freescale] Unable to get u-boot running on i.MX6 SABRE for Smart Devices Eval Board

Guillaume Fournier gfournier at brioconcept.com
Wed Nov 5 06:38:01 PST 2014

Fabio,

The ultimate goal is to have a cross-compiler build environment that works for both u-boot and kernel development.  For now, I used Yocto to generate the toolchain (using meta-toolchain as specified in my first post) as described in section 3.4 of the Yocto Project Application Developer's Guide.  Following your lead I did use "bitbake core-image-base" to generate an image and burned core-image-base-imx6dlsabresd.sdcard to an SD card using:
cfimager -f core-image-base-imx6dlsabresd.sdcard -raw -d d

I used cfimager which is a tool that comes with IMX_6DL_6S_MFG_TOOL since I don't have physical access to a linux box.  The board boots up fine but this is not the goal I seek.  I want to get a working cross-compiling toolchain so I can build u-boot and the kernel outside of Yocto.  I understand the subject of this post is therefore a bit misleading since u-boot does boot when using Yocto build output...  It just doesn't when using the cross-compiling toolchain.

As a side note, I have also downloaded fsl-image-multimedia-imx6dlsabresd.sdcard from http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/daisy/76/framebuffer/imx6dlsabresd and burned it to an SD card and it too works fine.

Guillaume Fournier, ing.
Concepteur matériel / Hardware Designer
Brioconcept Consulting Inc.
450.681.2779 x2388