[meta-freescale] Freescale Linux 3.10.31-1.1.0_alpha release is online

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Thu May 29 20:36:57 PDT 2014

On 05/29/2014 03:25 PM, Lauren Post wrote:
> This is our release layer with readme describing how to download at
>
> http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git/tree/README?h=imx-3.10.31-1.1.0_alpha

Hi Lauren,

For the repo manifest file (default.xml), can you use tag names (e.g.,
yocto-1.6) when possible instead of the SHA for your revision attribute
inside of the project tag?  It would save some time of having to do a
reverse lookup for each revision attribute (commit) and make the
manifest more friendly.

And how would I figure out why you chose a particular commit that wasn't
otherwise notable / tagged (e.g., you're not using the 1.6 tag in
meta-fsl-arm)?

I looked through the commits in fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git, but I didn't find
anything to help me with this.

Lastly, I'm not able to clone fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git.  When I run:

git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

I get "warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to
checkout".  Is this a bug?  If so, where would I log it for this project?

Thank you,

Bob