[meta-freescale] mxc_v4l2_capture sometimes not being modprobed

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Sun May 25 20:42:31 PDT 2014

meta-freescalers:

I'm seeing a behavior that I can't easily explain.  I'm not seeing the mxc_v4l2_capture drivers and dependent ipu drivers being automatically modprobed on Wandboard during a majority of system startups (but not all).  I was under the impression that this should be done by udev, but for some reason it seems to either fail or is skipped.

I can force the driver to be loaded at startup by adding the name of the driver in a line in /etc/modules.  This works to load the driver every time at startup, but I'm fairly certain that this is not the most ideal approach because (A) I have to write a recipe to make the change to /etc/modules and (B) it does not explain why the driver load works sometimes, but not all of the time.

Any ideas?

John