[meta-freescale] fs-perms.txt and PATH variable

Vigneshwaren Sankaran vigneshwaren.sankaran78 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 04:26:25 PDT 2014

The file fs-perms.txt in ./meta/files defines the permissions that the
image should be built with.
I removed the file completely and the build didn't throw an error.
Is the file still being used?
How do I specify custom permissions to the image.
I, now, statically dropped in a few chmod commands in the post-installation
script of sysvinit-inittab package. which I feel is not the right way to
proceed.

Also I need to update the system PATH from a package that I am installing,
what variables should I use to update my system PATH.

Thanks in advance.