[meta-freescale] Errors building for b4860qds-64b

Josep Puigdemont josep.puigdemont at enea.com
Tue May 20 05:37:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

When building an image for b4860qds-64b (ppc64), with just yocto and
meta-fsl-ppc (both on daisy), bitbake will bail out due to a compiler
error (and few more similar to this one):

relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_ADDR16_HI against symbol
`interrupt_base_book3e' defined in .text section in
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o

Have you encountered this before or am I missing something?
I am interested in running KVM on ppc64 (using meta-virtualization), have you
tried this on this target?

Thank you!
/Josep