[meta-freescale] Vivante softfp with Yocto dora ??

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Thu Mar 6 02:21:00 PST 2014

Hi David,

Le Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:14:38 +0000 (GMT),
David Chirgwin <dchirgwin at bluechiptechnology.co.uk> a écrit :
> I have a customer who wants to add vivante support to an existing softfp rootfs (their own custom distro).
> At the moment I have supplied them a Yocto distro as a proof-of-concept (based on Dora branch, using hardfp).
>
> I have seen this post https://community.freescale.com/message/372390#372390 which tells me how to persuade Yocto to use softfp for compilation. But how would I tell Yocto I want the softfp versions of pre-compiled binaries (in particular the vivante drivers)?
>
> Is there a setting in conf/local.conf, or do I need a new recipe or something else?

that's handled in
meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q.inc :
# Skip package if it does not match the machine float-point type in use
python __anonymous () {
        is_machine_hardfp = base_contains("TUNE_FEATURES",
"callconvention-hard", True, False, d) is_package_hardfp =
d.getVar("PACKAGE_FP_TYPE", True) == "hardfp"

        if is_package_hardfp != is_machine_hardfp:
                PN = d.getVar("PN", True)
                PV = d.getVar("PV", True)
                bb.debug(1, "Skipping %s (%s) as machine and package
        float-point does not match" % (PN, PV)) raise
        bb.parse.SkipPackage("Package Float-Point is not compatible
        with the machine") }

Eric