[meta-freescale] Vivante softfp with Yocto dora ??

David Chirgwin dchirgwin at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 01:14:38 PST 2014

Hi there,

I have a customer who wants to add vivante support to an existing softfp rootfs (their own custom distro).
At the moment I have supplied them a Yocto distro as a proof-of-concept (based on Dora branch, using hardfp).

I have seen this post https://community.freescale.com/message/372390#372390 which tells me how to persuade Yocto to use softfp for compilation. But how would I tell Yocto I want the softfp versions of pre-compiled binaries (in particular the vivante drivers)?

Is there a setting in conf/local.conf, or do I need a new recipe or something else?

All comments very welcome.

DaveC

Blue Chip Technology Limited. Chowley Oak Lane, Tattenhall, Chester, Cheshire CH3 9EX Tel: 01829 772000 Registered in England 3110403 Vat No: GB 618 374134