[meta-freescale] imx6qsabresd: qt4 + opengl not working

Javier Viguera javier.viguera at digi.com
Mon Mar 3 07:02:04 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm testing QT4 + OpenGL on a *imx6qsabresd* board and so far I have not
been able to make it work.

The setup is simple: an imx6qsabresd board, a project using *master*
branches of poky, meta-oe, meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-demos, and then
build the *fsl-image-gui* demo image.

It boots to an X-based GUI and all seems to be working fine (accelerated
videos and so on) but trying to run the QT-OpenGL hello word example
fails with following error:

# export DISPLAY=:0
# /usr/bin/qt4/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2/hellogl_es2

> Warning: EGL suggested using X Visual ID 33 (ARGB0888) for EGL config 28 (ARGB0444), but this is incompatable
> Unable to find an X11 visual which matches EGL config 28

So it seems to be some mismatch between when OpenGL expects and what the
binary OpenGL implementation provides.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

This is using X-based QT4, not framebuffer/DirectFB.

The same happens using the stable Dora branches.

-
Javier Viguera
Software Engineer
Digi International® Spain S.A.U.