[meta-freescale] Best way (good way?) to make different U-boot for different machine images

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Thu Jun 26 07:06:59 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Lauren Post [mailto:Lauren.Post at freescale.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:07 PM
To: Otavio Salvador; Stephen Munnings
Cc: meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: RE: [meta-freescale] Best way (good way?) to make different U-boot for different machine images

> 1.        Setting different preprocessor variables or patches to source code
> for each different image
>
> 2.       Getting the u-boot binary to be re-built once one of the images has
> built it.
>
> Any hints, clues, or ideas on how to manage this?

We do this for our daily builds, if you want to look in our release build scripts, they show how we build all the uboots for all our devices.

We do have a bbappend in our u-boot recipes to add the config to the name since we build all variations every day and stored in a directory.

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/meta-fsl-bsp-release.git/tree/imx/tools/build-scripts/release_all_postga.sh?h=daisy_3.10.31-1.1.0_alpha

Lauren Post
Yocto Project i.MX Team Lead
-----End Original Message-----

Hi Lauren,
  I will look into this.
  Thanks!

  This is very similar to what we plan to do; daily, or on-demand, builds of the two images on build servers, managed by Jenkins scripts.

Stephen Munnings
Sr. Design Engineer | 519.594.0976
www.nuvation.com