[meta-freescale] Best way (good way?) to make different U-boot for different machine images

Lauren Post Lauren.Post at freescale.com
Wed Jun 25 16:07:06 PDT 2014

> 1.        Setting different preprocessor variables or patches to source code
> for each different image
>
> 2.       Getting the u-boot binary to be re-built once one of the images has
> built it.
>
> Any hints, clues, or ideas on how to manage this?

We do this for our daily builds, if you want to look in our release build scripts, they show how we build all the uboots for all our devices.

We do have a bbappend in our u-boot recipes to add the config to the name since we build all variations every day and stored in a directory.

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/meta-fsl-bsp-release.git/tree/imx/tools/build-scripts/release_all_postga.sh?h=daisy_3.10.31-1.1.0_alpha

Lauren Post
Yocto Project i.MX Team Lead