[meta-freescale] Linux kernel version for iMX6?

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:51:44 PDT 2014

> I did a yocto-bsp and watched the result. Needs some tweaking, but looks
> more reasonable than my patching in sources/meta-fsl-arm :)

For sure!

I feel more confortable with my changes in my layer.

>> 2009.08 is from last century :P
>
> Hey, last century wasn't bad at all. I brought us smpt, http, icb, irc and many other cool stuff ;)

<3

cool stuff like me :D
>> Take a look here:
>> http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/refs/heads
>>
>> And see how much different u-boot_2009.08 releases Freescale made.
>> Which one you should use?
>
> Basically I started with imx_v2009.08_3.0.35_4.1.0 :)

Perfect first step!

You can work in u-boot patchset outside the yocto recipes enviroment.
Only to make sure you have *the right* patchset to be applied. working
with an external toolchain.

I mean the objective here is to figure out:
- base commit log ( imx_v2009.08_3.0.35_4.1.0?)
- patchset

after that, create the recipe is easy

>> replace your manifest to point to the latest (instead of
>> meta-fsl-bsp-release commit id)
>
> Attaching my manifest.xml
>  - that was it after I modified by
> example of github/wolfgar/fsl-community-bsp-platform
>
>> If you don´t know how to do that, start over in a clear directory.
>
> I hope that's what you mean.

yes <3

>>> Sounds easy, but I expect catching all pitfalls on the way ;)
>>
>> For sure you will :D
>>
>> Babysteps, ok?
>
> /me nods

^.^