[meta-freescale] imx6q: two hardware accelerated displays?

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 04:55:40 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm working on a custom hardware (using iMX6q) design based on
imx6qsabresd. I'm running 3.10.17_1.0.0_ga release "framebuffer"
build.

I have two displays connected: HDMI + LVDS.

Using raw framebuffer access I can display static images on both the screens.
e.g. cat file1.raw > /dev/fb0 ; cat file2.raw > /dev/fb2
displays images on both screens.

My application is built using JavaFX that uses Opengl libraries.
JavaFX reports only 1 display (primary one, i.e. the one configured as
/dev/fb0).

I have tried setting the "FB_MULTI_BUFFER & FB_FRAMEBUFER_n
environment variables but still I can access only 1 display from
JavaFX.

I believe that the current graphic libraries do not support multiple
displays but I'm not sure.

Can anyone give more information or share similar experience. May be
I'm missing some configuration?

Any inputs will be of help.

- Prasant