[meta-freescale] [OT] Kernel device tree question

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 24 08:13:00 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 24/07/2014 at 08:42:45 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote :
> I have a board (i.MX53) that I need to adjust one of the main
> clocks (CKO1).  The default setting uses the main CPU clock
> and I need to change it to use one of the PLL based clocks.
> I can see where this selector is available as cko1_sel, but
> it's not clear to me if/where/how I can set this to be pll3_sw
> in the device tree (which in the modern world is the only place
> for target platform configuration and control).

Actually, this is exactly what DT is not supposed to be used for. The
device tree must only describe the hardware and the configuration must
be avoided.

> Any ideas or pointers?

cko1_sel seems to be declared correctly as a mux so pll3_sw should be
selected automatically when you need it, by setting ck01.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com