[meta-freescale] Improving SD-Card images

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Tue Jul 22 18:48:17 PDT 2014

On 07/22/14 16:38, Maciek Borzecki wrote:
> On wto, 2014-07-22 at 15:04 -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> On 07/21/14 05:51, maciej.borzecki at open-rnd.pl wrote:
>>> What's interesting is the --source definition. These correspond to
>>> plugins located source tree (either poky/scripts/lib/mic/plugins/source/
>>> or ${layer}/scripts/lib/mic/plugins/source/) that define how the content
>>> if the partition is generated. For now, there are only 3 plugins defined
>>> in poky master:
>>> - bootimg-efi - a GPT disk with efi boot partition
>>> - bootimg-pcbios - MBR disk with syslinux in MBR
>>> - rootfs
>> Is it currently possible to specify what gets installed into a partition
>> based on packages? For example, can you ask wic to create a partition
>> then list the packages from which you want it to take its contents?
> You mean similiar to what mic does for Tizen?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with either of those to know.

You know how on the cmdline you can type something like:

    $ bitbake -e busybox | grep "^PACKAGES="

and get the list of packages created by the build system for busybox:

    PACKAGES=" busybox-httpd busybox-udhcpd busybox-udhcpc
    busybox-syslog busybox-mdev busybox-hwclock busybox-dbg
    busybox-staticdev busybox-dev busybox-doc busybox-locale  busybox"

I'm wondering if it's possible to create, say, a partition called /debug
and ask wic to place busybox-dbg into it?

Or maybe I have created my own recipe which is just some pre-populated
database files which I want to place in their own 500MB partition called
/home/db, is there a way to do that? Is there a way to create a /home/db
partition of that size and populate it with the contents of the
mydbimage bitbake package? (i.e. "package" as defined by
OE/Yocto/bitbake, not package as in IPK or RPM or DEB).