[meta-freescale] Error trying to get libQt5SerialPort build in yocto project

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Wed Jul 9 07:15:17 PDT 2014

>> I have tried adding qtserialport to the local.conf
>> IMAGE_INSTALL_append list, but it complains that “nothing RPROVIDES ‘qtserialport’ …”
>
>There's a difference between recipe name and package name. My guess is that the actual package is called something like "qtserialport-plugins" or "libqt5serialport-plugin". Take a look in the tmp/deploy/rpm/ folder to see what >packages you have there, e.g.
>with "find tmp/deploy/rpm/ -name '*qt*plugins*'. You don't want the version and arch info, so ignore the last part or the rpm filenames.
>
>Cheers,
>Erik

Thanks Erik and Trevor.

It seems then that the bottom line (after doing considerable additional searching) that fsl yocto dora does not actually support qtserialport.
(Although, if you add package qtserialport-e you then get what appears to be a qt4 version of qt serialport being built)

I found (at this URL: http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2013-October/085140.html ) a changelog that indicates:

Changelog for meta-qt5:
  qtserialport: update to 5.1.1

Does that indicate that some version of yocto does support qtserialport (for Qt5.1.1), but that the fsl dora version does not?

--
Stephen Munnings
Sr. Design Engineer | 519.594.0976