[meta-freescale] Error trying to get libQt5SerialPort build in yocto project

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Tue Jul 8 23:35:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Stephen Munnings
<Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> This is probably something incredibly slow or stupid on my part, but I
> cannot seem to get libQt5SerialPort.so to be built into the libraries on my
> Yocto build.
>
> On my (separate) development system, this library is built, and is even in
> the cross-compiled (target-oriented) debug libraries.
>
> (I do some remote debugging from the host QtCreator IDE to the target
> system)
>
> I can (and do – for now) copy the .so file across to the target, and then
> things work (so far).
>
> However, I cannot get the lib built into the Yocto distribution.
>
> I have tried adding qtserialport to the local.conf IMAGE_INSTALL_append
> list, but it complains that “nothing RPROVIDES ‘qtserialport’ …”

There's a difference between recipe name and package name. My guess is
that the actual package is called something like
"qtserialport-plugins" or "libqt5serialport-plugin". Take a look in
the tmp/deploy/rpm/ folder to see what packages you have there, e.g.
with "find tmp/deploy/rpm/ -name '*qt*plugins*'. You don't want the
version and arch info, so ignore the last part or the rpm filenames.

Cheers,
Erik