[meta-freescale] Questions about the qt5-layer folder

Gonzalez, Alex Alex.Gonzalez at digi.com
Thu Jul 3 01:36:45 PDT 2014

Hi Martin,

Digi Embedded Yocto (DEY) is a distribution based on meta-fsl-arm with BSP support for Digi hardware platforms and custom production ready images. As such, questions specific to it should go through Digi support, except if they are related to the community maintained meta-fsl-arm layer.

Also, we only support QT4 in DEY, and that is what you get when you add the dey-qt feature to your graphical images.

Your question refers to the qt5-layer folder in meta-fsl-arm and its relation to the meta-qt5 layer. The qt5-layer in meta-fsl-arm contains bbappends that are only parsed if the meta-qt5 layer is included in you bblayers, so it will allow to build without errors if it is not.

Regards,
Alex