[meta-freescale] Questions about the qt5-layer folder

Martin Galvan martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com
Wed Jul 2 11:42:02 PDT 2014

Hi everyone! I'm currently working with an i.MX53 based board using the
Digi Embedded Yocto distro, and I have a couple of questions about the Qt5
support.

I noticed the qt5-layer folder only has a .bbappend and a patch, while the
files on the meta-qt5 repository
<https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/tree/daisy> are a lot more and quite
different from the DEY ones. What's the relationship between the two? For
example, I didn't see a SRC_URI line specifying the Qt5 tarball to be
downloaded anywhere in the DEY files. Is this intentional? Or does the
qt5-layer contain board-specific settings and I should download the
meta-qt5 layer separately?

Also, do I need to add "dey-qt" to EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES in local.conf in
order to be able to run Qt5 based apps on my board?

Thanks a lot!

PS: We're using Qt/X11 instead of Qt Embedded.