[meta-freescale] xbmc and openjdk-7-jre on one target?

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:09:11 PDT 2014

Hi,

thanks to incredible support of community I made some progress building my target image.

Today I figured out the reason of the linker error as described in https://github.com/wolfgar/meta-stef/issues/1 (likely the same the guy at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/wandboard/PHv-yXyhEWM had and solved by being dirty ^^)...
However - gpu-viv-bin-mx6q installs other libraries for directfb than for fb.

Another requirement for the board is openjre - which can be installed using https://github.com/woglinde/meta-java, but according to https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-811658-start-0.html it seems I won't be able to build jre without X11.

I don't understand how I can choose x11/fb that per recipe - which would allow me to run fb driven xbmc and some x11-libs (without any x-server) for java.

Any help is gladly appreciated.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack