[meta-freescale] SX-SDCAN Ath6kl firmware

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Feb 26 13:31:36 PST 2014

Hello Morgan,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Morgan McKenzie <rmtm at uvic.ca> wrote:
> I sent a message a while about getting an SX-SDCAN module working on a
> i.mx6qSabreAuto board.  Several months later with a lot of banging my head
> against various walls (or at least that's what it seemed like) I believe
> that I've finally figured out what was going on -  it is configured to load
> as a module in my kernel configuration due to something else it requires
> also being a module; and as far as I can tell, module is trying to load
> before the file system is fully ready (or something like that) and therefore
> cannot find the required board configuration files.
>
> So if anyone runs into a problem with this chip in the future that's at
> least a possible cause. I'm going to try to figure out a good way of solving
> the problem and supply a patch if I can - but to be honest I don't know
> nearly enough about Yocto/linux to do it properly so that might not happen..
> (if anyone else has any good ideas on that I'm very open to suggestion!)

I'd like to understand the issue so we may try to come up with a fix
for it. I don't have a SabreAuto board myself (neither the WIFI
adapter) but I have some understanding about Linux and Yocto Project
and may be able to help.

Could you explain me how did you get to the conclusion it is an order issue?