[meta-freescale] Overlay image and Text over video using hardware module in i.mx6

Sachin Deshpande 3mediatech at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 04:55:28 PST 2014

I am new to i.mx6q board.

I  am trying to implement the following scenario

1) Input video stream from STB / IP to server

2) Stream the video with periodically overlay Image and Text over the video
and stream

For the above purpose I am doing the overlay using gstreamer.

But as the mixing/overlaying  is happening at CPU level the performance for
higher resolution is very poor. Is there a way to perform mixing/overlaying
 in hardware so that I can achieve the real-time video.

Thanks and Regards

Sachin