[meta-freescale] repo init fails

marko.kenttala at parker.com marko.kenttala at parker.com
Tue Dec 16 05:18:51 PST 2014

otavio.salvador at gmail.com wrote on 12/16/2014 01:03:56 PM:

> From: Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
> To: marko.kenttala at parker.com
> Cc: "meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org" <meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org>
> Date: 12/16/2014 01:03 PM
> Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] repo init fails
> Sent by: otavio.salvador at gmail.com
>
> Hello Marko,
>
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 5:52 AM,  <marko.kenttala at parker.com> wrote:
> > Anyone else have this problem that repo init fails with Python
> > UnicodeDecodeError? I'm using the latest repo script and tried with
two
> > different computers (Ubuntu 14.04 and 12.04). Same error with daisy
and
> > dizzy. Here's the output:
> >
> > UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position
28:
> > ordinal not in range(128)
>
> This is likely caused by your gitconfig setting regarding your full
name.

> So please first check if this is the error cause, later you can find
> how to solve it.

Thanks,

It wasn't actually my name but the directory where I tried to check out,
repo script didn't like the '-' characters in the path. After renaming my
working directory it started to work ok.

--
Marko Kenttälä, Software Developer, mobile +358 500 627 565
Parker Hannifin Manufacturing Finland Oy, Electronic Controls Division