[meta-freescale] EGL_BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW with Vivante on IMX6

Damien Dejean damien.dejean at bt-ground.com
Tue Dec 16 03:08:16 PST 2014

Hi Yocto project team :)

I'm currectly trying to port Android 5.0 to iMX6 quad using vivante gpu
stack from Android 4.4.2 (freescale port), the associated kernel
(3.0.35) and I'm facing a crash. I posted on Freescale Community and
I've been redirected here to obtain help with opengles.

Here is the situation:
- I re-used proprietary binaries from the previous release (gralloc,
hwcomposer and lib{EGL,GLES}) to boot Android 5.0
- The system boots, loads all the binaries correctly, initialize its
graphic part, displays the bootanimation and the launcher
- When I try to interact with the displayed screen, the Launcher
application crashes because eglSwapBuffers() got EGL_BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
- Then SystemUi crashes too for the same reason and the framework restarts.

What I'm trying to do:
- Find the reason why this crash appears and try to fix it if possible
- Get up to date kernel and matching gpu binaries to avoid the crash

Can anyone give me an hint on those points ?

Thanks :)

Damien.