[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm] which branch has kernel 3.0.35?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Aug 22 10:21:47 PDT 2014

On 2014-08-22 10:56, Joe Fabbre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m new to yocto, so forgive me if this is a silly question.  I’ve recently checked out daisy and I’m using a SabreLite board.  I noticed that daisy has kernel 3.10.  I’d really
> like to use kernel 3.0.35.
>
> I tried setting
>
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_linux-imx_mx6 = “3.0.35"
>
> In local.conf, but this leads to build errors as described here.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.meta-freescale/8925
>

> Is there a release branch I can checkout that has kernel 3.0.35?

For the SabreLite, you should really be using meta-fsl-arm-extra
and MACHINE=nitrogen6x (this board is equivalent to the SabreLite)

Then (if necessary), make these settings in local.conf
   PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-boundary"
   PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-boundary = "3.0.35"
   KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"

This will get you a 3.0.35 kernel for your board.