[meta-freescale] yocto SDK for imx6 sabrelite board. (armel vs armhf)

ssinfod ssinfod ssinfod at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 05:02:36 PDT 2014

Hello,

I just built an image with SDK for the imx6 sabrelite.  (ie: MACHINE ??=
'imx6qsabrelite')
Command: bitbake core-image-full-cmdline -c populate_sdk

I noticed that the SDK toolchain is based on "gnueabi" instead of
"gnueabihf".

Here is the list from the opt directory:
dev at dev-i3:/opt/poky/1.6+snapshot$ ls
environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
site-config-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
sysroots
version-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
dev at dev-i3:/opt/poky/1.6+snapshot$
version-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

I thought that the imx6 was a armhf device.
Why is the default toolchain using "gnueabi" and not "gnueabihf" for the
sabrelite target ?

Is there a way to change the SDK to use gnueabihf ?

In fact, I find it scary that the default toolchain is not armhf. What is
the reason behind that ?
Is it because of the video (GPU/VPU) driver ?

Thanks,
ssinfod