[meta-freescale] IMAGE_BOOTLOADER vs. PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sun Apr 20 12:44:15 PDT 2014

Hello Mario,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Mario Domenech Goulart
<mario at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> I'm making a script to extract data out of bitbake's cache metadata and
> stumbled upon IMAGE_BOOTLOADER.
>
> Is there any special reason to use IMAGE_BOOTLOADER instead of
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader?

Very good point.  I think when I did the class, for SD card
generation, we hadn't this around (or I missed it).

Looking at it, this should indeed be dropped but it is going to need
some work as we need to provide a u-boot-dummy for the cases when we
don't need a bootloader in the SD card image, as it is the case for
Nitrogen boards for example.

We can discuss how to address it for 1.7 later.