[meta-freescale] no display output on LVDS with i.mx6Q Sabre SDB and dora

Ingmar Sittl ingmar.sittl at elektrobit.com
Mon Apr 14 06:35:10 PDT 2014

On 14.04.2014 15:32, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Ingmar Sittl
> <ingmar.sittl at elektrobit.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to switch the i.mx6 Linux BSPs we use from the old LTIB-based
>> setup to Yocto, but run into problems getting the display to work.
>>
>> I've built fsl-image-test from dora (with X11 disabled to get a
>> framebuffer-based OpenVG/OpenGLES setup) and installed the resulting image
>> to an SD card. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to configure the system
>> so that I get output on the Hannstar display connected to LVDS0. I've tried
>> the configuration settings recommended by others in the forum
>> (video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:off fbmem=10M
>> vmalloc=400M no_console_suspend), but no luck.
> Do you see *anything*?
>
> the sequence of "things to be shown": (in a fsl-image-test case)
>
> u-boot splash -> 4 tux -> yocto project progress bar -> blank -> console

nothing, neither a splash screen nor the 4 tux or a progress bar

>> Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 194560
>> Kernel command line: console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw
>> video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:off fbmem=10M
>> vmalloc=400M noconsole_suspend
> What's the consequence of "noconsole_suspend"?

I found that option in a older forum message and tried starting both with and
without this option. I assume it is not really relevant to the issue.

Ingmar

Dipl.-Inf. (Univ) Ingmar Sittl, Manager, Human Machine Interfaces
EB - Discover the Experience
Tel: +49-9131-7701-6276 mailto:Ingmar.Sittl at elektrobit.com
Fax: +49-9131-7701-6333 http://automotive.elektrobit.com
Mobile: +49-172-8315235

PGP-Key: http://keyserver.elektrobit.com/pks/lookup?op=index&search=ingmar.sittl@elektrobit.com

Elektrobit Automotive GmbH, Am Wolfsmantel 46, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Managing Directors Alexander Kocher, Gregor Zink
Register Court Fürth HRB 4886