[meta-freescale] no display output on LVDS with i.mx6Q Sabre SDB and dora

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 06:32:32 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Ingmar Sittl
<ingmar.sittl at elektrobit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to switch the i.mx6 Linux BSPs we use from the old LTIB-based
> setup to Yocto, but run into problems getting the display to work.
>
> I've built fsl-image-test from dora (with X11 disabled to get a
> framebuffer-based OpenVG/OpenGLES setup) and installed the resulting image
> to an SD card. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to configure the system
> so that I get output on the Hannstar display connected to LVDS0. I've tried
> the configuration settings recommended by others in the forum
> (video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:off fbmem=10M
> vmalloc=400M no_console_suspend), but no luck.

Do you see *anything*?

the sequence of "things to be shown": (in a fsl-image-test case)

u-boot splash -> 4 tux -> yocto project progress bar -> blank -> console

> Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 194560
> Kernel command line: console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw
> video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:off fbmem=10M
> vmalloc=400M noconsole_suspend

What's the consequence of "noconsole_suspend"?

besides that, please, consider the "rev 1.1" commend from Fabio.

Daiane