[meta-freescale] How do I add the QSQLITE driver to the yocto build for wandboard

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Thu Apr 10 23:59:58 PDT 2014

Hi Stephen,

Qt5 can be configured with a number of features disabled or enabled,
the standard way of doing this in Yocto is using the PACKAGECONFIG
feature [1]. In meta-qt5 there's a qtbase.inc which set up a pretty
small set of enabled features as default, so what I would suggest is
that you create a qtbase_%.bbappend where you extend those features.

If you look at https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc
you see that there are a number of different PACKAGECONFIG options
relating to SQL:

PACKAGECONFIG[sql-ibase] = "-sql-ibase,-no-sql-ibase"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-mysql] = "-sql-mysql,-no-sql-mysql,mysql"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-psql] = "-sql-psql,-no-sql-psql,postgresql"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-odbc] = "-sql-odbc,-no-sql-odbc"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-oci] = "-sql-oci,-no-sql-oci"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-tds] = "-sql-tds,-no-sql-tds"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-db2] = "-sql-db2,-no-sql-db2"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-sqlite2] = "-sql-sqlite2,-no-sql-sqlite2,sqlite"
PACKAGECONFIG[sql-sqlite] = "-sql-sqlite,-no-sql-sqlite,sqlite3"

In order to enable one of those you need to make sure that the
PACKAGECONFIG variable contains e.g. "sql-sqlite". This can be done by
adding PACKAGECONFIG_append = " sql-sqlite" to qtbase_%.bbappend.

[1] - http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html
, search for PACKAGECONFIG

Cheers,
Erik

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Stephen Munnings
<Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am new to this list, so please be gentle in correcting flaws in my post
> (all sorts).
>
> I am trying to get a Qt5 application to run on a Wandboard (remotely
> debugged from a development host).
>

> I can get the Qt5 application running on the host machine (Ubuntu 13.10 VM).
>
> This application uses sqlite to access a database.
>

> When I attempt to remotely debug it on the target (wandboard), I get the
> messages:
>
> QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
>
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>

> (nothing appears in the list).
>

> As I understand it, this means that I do not have the QSQLITE driver
> (plugin) built and installed on my target system.
>
> (A search shows it to be non-existent on the target system - as opposed to
> simply not found)
>

> One of my co-workers has been successful in generating this driver (and much
> other important stuff) by doing a "separate install" of Qt5.1.1 onto the
> target machine.
>
> Separate meaning that it was built external to the yocto build
> infrastructure (but using the cross-toolchain generated by yocto).
>

> We have added Qt5 to the yocto build, using the meta-qt5 layer and following
> the wiki article:
> http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard
>

> My understanding (which may or may not be correct) is that I should be able
> to get the appropriate libraries (and in this case plugins) cross-compiled
> and built for the target by using appropriate directives in the yocto build.
>
> (Either as a new layer, or as modifications to the local.conf and/or the
> bblayers.conf)
>

> However, as I dig down through layers (pun intended) and layers of code,
> control files, documentation, etc.,  I am becoming horribly confused about
> how best to go about this.
>

> Could some kind person give me some quick guidance on how to get the yocto
> build to create the QSQLITE driver plugin for the target file system
> (wandboard)?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Erik Botö
Senior Software Engineer
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)76 881 72 03
E-Mail: erik.boto at pelagicore.com