[meta-freescale] How do I add the QSQLITE driver to the yocto build for wandboard

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Thu Apr 10 07:40:21 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am new to this list, so please be gentle in correcting flaws in my post (all sorts).
I am trying to get a Qt5 application to run on a Wandboard (remotely debugged from a development host).

I can get the Qt5 application running on the host machine (Ubuntu 13.10 VM).
This application uses sqlite to access a database.

When I attempt to remotely debug it on the target (wandboard), I get the messages:
QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:

(nothing appears in the list).

As I understand it, this means that I do not have the QSQLITE driver (plugin) built and installed on my target system.
(A search shows it to be non-existent on the target system - as opposed to simply not found)

One of my co-workers has been successful in generating this driver (and much other important stuff) by doing a "separate install" of Qt5.1.1 onto the target machine.
Separate meaning that it was built external to the yocto build infrastructure (but using the cross-toolchain generated by yocto).

We have added Qt5 to the yocto build, using the meta-qt5 layer and following the wiki article:  http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

My understanding (which may or may not be correct) is that I should be able to get the appropriate libraries (and in this case plugins) cross-compiled and built for the target by using appropriate directives in the yocto build.
(Either as a new layer, or as modifications to the local.conf and/or the bblayers.conf)

However, as I dig down through layers (pun intended) and layers of code, control files, documentation, etc.,  I am becoming horribly confused about how best to go about this.

Could some kind person give me some quick guidance on how to get the yocto build to create the QSQLITE driver plugin for the target file system (wandboard)?

Thanks in advance.