[meta-freescale] Sync to V-blank

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Thu Apr 3 03:28:51 PDT 2014

Hi,

is there a way to enable double buffering in X on the
I would like to achieve tearing-free/flicker-free video.
I have just tried "gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file://..."
on a couple of 720p and 1080p test videos and there is
visible tearing when sideways movement or fast fading in
or fading out happens on the screen.

I found this thread: https://community.freescale.com/thread/303863
but "export FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2" doesn't seem to
do anything. Indeed, the "FB_MULTI_BUFFER" string
is not in any of the libraries in /usr/lib or /lib.

Then I looked into the gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx sources
and came up with the attached patch, rebuilt the package,
removed from the board and installed it again. The flicker
is still there.

Do the Vivante drivers support sync-to-V-blank?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi