[meta-freescale] Chromium acceleration

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Wed Apr 2 07:16:12 PDT 2014

Hi Zoltan,

On 04/02/2014 03:29 AM, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> Hi,

>> Mahyar updated these patches to apply against the chromium-35.0.1883.0
>> build currently in meta-browser.
>>
>> Additional notes to follow, but this appears to achieve HTML5 video
>> against Webm/Ogg videos when chromium is started with these command
>> line arguments:
>>      --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-gpu --usegl-egl
>
> you meant "--use-gl=egl".

Probably right.

> I have rebuilt Chromium with these patches. The result cannot play a
> short MP4 video from a file:// URL.
> The console output is very suspicious, libGAL complains about a missing
> ID file that actually exists.
> The image about the console is attached.
>
> This is a copy of the original message, I cancelled waiting for moderation.
> The original image exceeded the list limits so I reduced it to 16-color
> greyscale.

There's a lesson here that you should be putting console output
either directly into your e-mail (trimmed to important points).
Putting the output into an image makes it slow to read and tedious
to quote.

 From what I can tell, you aren't running on an image that otherwise
supports GPU or VPU acceleration. That's a pre-requisite for this,
and I recommend using fsl-image-gui or some other known good
starting point.

Also note that we sent these patches not to imply that they're
fully functional, but to allow others to have a working example
for exploring the code.

Regards,

Eric