[meta-freescale] Fwd: Update Kernel and u-boot for GK802

Ajay Ramaswamy ajay at ramaswamy.net
Mon Sep 30 05:14:05 PDT 2013

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ajay Ramaswamy <ajay at ramaswamy.net>
Date: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] Update Kernel and u-boot for GK802
To: Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com>

Then in that case the current code is OK it uses a 1024x768 resolution and
the logo appears on the screen. but how to port it to 2013.10?

The GK802 has a Realtek RTL8192CU connected to the host USB1

and here is the gk802 device tree that is in the barebox git

http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=barebox.git;a=blob_plain;f=arch/arm/dts/imx6q-gk802.dts;hb=refs/heads/master

what I did is -
get the mainline linux kernel  source tree
build imx_v6_v7_defconfig
enable the rtl8192cu wifi in the config
and build

get the barebox tree
build

use the kernel from the first and the dts from the second and boot

it does boot
this is the bootlog http://pastebin.com/8P6gHvJF

but one funny thing with this is that the internal and external mmc card is
swapped around in the old 3.0.35 the internal mmc is 0 and the external is
1 and in the dt kernel it is the other way

Thanks
Ajay

--

Thanks & best regards