[meta-freescale] toolchain issue with with-libtool-sysroot unrecognized

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Sep 4 10:03:50 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM, JC <jc at vtkloud.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/2013 17:32, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM, JC <jc at vtkloud.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried to follow the steps from the official Yocto toolchain
>>> documentation
>>> as in :
>>>
>>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4.2/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#creating-and-running-a-project-based-on-gnu-autotools
>>>
>>> When I run the configure step, I get a warning :
>>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-libtool-sysroot
>>>
>>> This shouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately, because of this warning, I
>>> get
>>> the following issue: when I try to run the generated binary, I get :
>>>
>>> /lib/ld-linux.so.3: No such file or directory
>>>

>>> So it's clear that because configure doesn't understand the libtool
>>> sysroot
>>> parameter, it won't link my executable to the appropriate library path.
>>> ld-linux.so.3 is indeed present under sysroots/lib. So if the
>>> --with-libtool-sysroot were understood, that would work perfectly.
>>>
>>> Has anyone any clue on this? I google the error but couldn't find any
>>> valuable information
>>
>> It seems to be an issue with your autotools-based project as it works
>> fine in all recipes which use autotools in Yocto.
>

> not so sure. I see the same configure warning in many other recipes. It
> doesn't prevent the binary from working, it just prevents it to be launched
> from within the SDK.

You must be careful how to call configure and like; so it most
probably an error in configure.ac/Makefile.am or how you are calling
the configure script.

I use autotools based projects in toolchain daily at our projects and
customer projects and it works fine. Without further research in logs
and code access it is hard to do a better bet.