[meta-freescale] Issues using meta-freescale i.MX6 vs LTIB ?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 06:12:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to qualify a decision to use Yocto / meta-freescale for an
upcoming
i.MX6 board variant (based on the Sabre reference) instead of using the
officially supported release based on LTIB.

My preference is strongly for the Yocto/OpenEmbedded build environment,
for various reasons, but I understand that the Freescale i.MX6 BSP is not
officially supported at this time.

Knowing the experience and activity levels of the people working via these
lists, I suspect that meta-freescale is by now significantly ahead of
the current
release of LTIB.

That said I wonder if there are any known issues with using meta-freescale
which might give me pause, and cause me to use LTIB at this time?

Thanks for your advice,

Alex Lennon
Director
Dynamic Devices Ltd