[meta-freescale] Trouble installing fsl codec libraries

Philip Craig phil at blackmoth.com.au
Fri May 31 04:13:46 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Daniel Kenji Morgan
<daniel.kenji.morgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
> Here is an update.
>
> It turns out the codecs are installed, but the codec *wrapper* libraries are NOT.
> I tried building both "fsl-image-gui" and "fsl-image-test", but the results are the same.
>
> I did a comparison against an image built using LTIB, and it turns out that "/usr/lib/imx-mm/audio-codec/wrap" contains the wrapper libraries.
> The yocto images does not contain this directory nor any of the wrapper libraries.
>
> Forgive me if my assumption is wrong, but don't the following lines in "do_install_append" from libfslcodec_3.0.1.bb delete the wrapper libraries?
>
> # LTIB move the files around or gst-fsl-plugin won't find them
> for p in $(find ${D}${libdir}/imx-mm -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d); do
>     mv $p/* ${D}${libdir}
>     rmdir $p
> done
> rmdir ${D}${libdir}/imx-mm
>
> The packaging in "populate_packages_prepend" also seems to place the wrapper libraries into "/usr/lib/wrap" which does not match the path found in the LTIB generated image.

I also had noticed this was broken, but hadn't gotten around to
figuring out why yet. It sounds like you are on the right track
though. The paths it needs are defined in
/usr/share/beep_registry.*.cf, which are the same
"/usr/lib/imx-mm/audio-codec/wrap" as the LTIB image. I think the
recipe needs to be changed to not move the wrap directory to /usr/lib.
(It does need to move the rest of the libraries still though.) Try
this patch.