[meta-freescale] tslib in fsl-image-gui

Alexey Mednyy swexru at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:58:15 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I figured out that mxc_ts driver works bad with X evtest, always returns
bad values. On ubuntu images I always got touchscreen to work with tslib.

my MACHINE ??= 'imx53qsb'
I'm using my custom 2.6.35-maintain kernel from freescale git.

On Yocto if I run ts_calibrate util I've got:
"tslib: Selected device uses a different version of the event protocol
than tslib was compiled for"

I dive into tslib sources and found this:

if (version < EV_VERSION) {
fprintf(stderr, "tslib: Selected device uses a different version of the
event protocol than tslib was compiled for\n");
return -1;
}

EV_VERSION defined in input.h, so looks like tslib compiled with wrong
kernel headers.

For now I'm not familiar with all Yocto stuff so I just tried to append
this to local.conf:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-imx"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-imx = "2.6.35.3"

but it didn't help.

Any variants how to get tslib to work on fsl-image-gui?