[meta-freescale] install python on target

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Mon Jun 24 00:03:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Mattias Sahlén
<mattias.sahlen at vinnter.se> wrote:
> Hello list,
> I would like to install python on my target imx6 board. My meager google
> skills seem to suggest this is the way:
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python" in conf/local.conf.
>
> However, I got this error:
>
> Generating solve db for /home/masa1/sabre/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/all...
> Processing locale-base-en-us...
> Processing locale-base-en-gb...
> Processing gcc...
> Processing i2c-tools...
> Processing zxy100...
> Processing strace...
> Processing packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh...
> Processing gpu-viv-bin-mx6q...
> Processing psplash...
> Processing python...
> Processing gdb...
> Processing asix...
> Processing packagegroup-base-extended...
> Processing libts-1.0-0...
> Processing packagegroup-core-boot...
> Unable to resolve package python
> ERROR: some packages were missing
> ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs.........
>
> Any ideas? Is this not the way to add python to the build?

If you look in tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a_vfp_neon/ (or the one
corresponding to your arch) you'll see that even though the recipe is
called "python" there is no package called "python". If you change the
IMAGE_INSTALL_append line to add "python-core" (and maybe some more
modules depending on what you want to use, see list of generated rpms)
it should work.

Cheers,
Erik

> Mattias Sahlén
>
> SW Developer VinnTer AB

Erik Botö
Senior Software Engineer
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)76 881 72 03
E-Mail: erik.boto at pelagicore.com