[meta-freescale] install python on target

Mattias Sahlén mattias.sahlen at vinnter.se
Sun Jun 23 23:29:01 PDT 2013

Hello list,
I would like to install python on my target imx6 board. My meager google skills seem to suggest this is the way:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python" in conf/local.conf.

However, I got this error:

Generating solve db for /home/masa1/sabre/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/all...
Processing locale-base-en-us...
Processing locale-base-en-gb...
Processing gcc...
Processing i2c-tools...
Processing zxy100...
Processing strace...
Processing packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh...
Processing gpu-viv-bin-mx6q...
Processing psplash...
Processing python...
Processing gdb...
Processing asix...
Processing packagegroup-base-extended...
Processing libts-1.0-0...
Processing packagegroup-core-boot...
Unable to resolve package python
ERROR: some packages were missing
ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs.........

Any ideas? Is this not the way to add python to the build?

Mattias Sahlén

SW Developer VinnTer AB