[meta-freescale] Sabrelite Boot

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Jun 18 10:24:17 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Eric Nelson
<eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
>> I'll put together another one that's a bit more definitive since
>> things are now pretty stable.
>>

> Silly me.
>
> I thought this would only take a few minutes, but I did put
> together a U-Boot "Getting started" guide:
>         http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-on-i-mx6/
>
> Upgrading U-Boot is normally just a matter of placing the version
> of U-Boot (file name u-boot.imx) and the script 6x_upgrade
> on an SD card and running the "upgradeu" command as shown here:
>
>         http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-on-i-mx6/#upgradeu

The blog post is awesome; it just lacks one important information: how
to program Boundary's U-Boot in case the user has did the Linaro's NOR
overwirte? This would allow us to use:

--- imx6qsabrelite.conf
#@TYPE: Machine
#@NAME: Boundary Devices i.MX6Q SABRE Lite
#@SOC: i.MX6Q
Lite

# WARNING: This board now use the *same* code as Nitrogen6X and it
#          boots from internal SPI NOR memory. If you did change it to
boot
#          from the MMC (SD3 or SD4) please check the Boundary's blog
post
#          at: http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-on-i-mx6/

include conf/machine/nitrogen6x.conf
---