[meta-freescale] Sabrelite Boot

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Fri Jun 14 15:43:48 PDT 2013

Hi Jörg,

On 06/14/2013 04:52 AM, "Jörg Boge" wrote:
> Hello,
> I have Build for my new SabreLite Board a with
> /build$ bitbake fsl-image-gui /
> /and write to Sd with /
> /build$ sudo dd if=tmp/deploy/images/fsl-image-gui-imx6qsabresd.sdcard
> of=/dev/sdX bs=4M/
> without problem.

That part should have worked for you, though it will only have
support for the 10.1" Freescale display.

> Than I tried to rewrite the UBoot in Nand with the wiki of linaro  (
> https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/MX6QSabreLite )

Why did you do this part? Was it because of this bit in the U-Boot
README?

Otavio, does the "mx6qsabrelite" configuration place U-Boot in
unformatted space?

I'm not seeing that a boot script is created in the machine layer:
	https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/blob/master/conf/machine/imx6qsabrelite.conf

> Thats works to, but the Board will not boot from Micro SD or SD Slot.

If the image does what I think it does, and has unformatted
space before the first formatted partition, you may be able
to do this by hand like so:

	sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/mysdcard bs=512 seek=2

> With no SD Card in a Slot the Boards work as the BootSwitch is set to
> USB Boot.

If that's the case, you can use the imx_usb tool described here
to at least load U-Boot over the USB link
	http://boundarydevices.com/unbricking

> There is nothing comming out of the Seriell Debug Port.
 >
> I also tried to rewrite Nand wit MFGTool with the same result.

There's no NAND on the board. Only SPI-NOR.

Sorry for the confusion here. It seems that some piece of
documentation went missing.

In general, we're recommending the use of the nitrogen6x
machine, even for SABRE Lite as discussed in a separate
thread yesterday.
	https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-June/003112.html

Regards,

Eric