[meta-freescale] RFC regarding glimagesink

Rogerio Nunes ronunes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 13:24:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Eric Nelson
<eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
> On 07/29/2013 01:06 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Eric Nelson
>> <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Rogerio,

>>> I had some dependency issues as well, and I had to revert
>>> Abhijit's wayland patch (78936c1994cb2db102bd200123be976a7c051b98)
>>> to get past them.
>>>
>>> For some reason, with that patch, I was seeing the wayland version
>>> of some libraries, so configure failed on gst-plugins-gl.
>>

>> You need to build the system without x11 and wayland distro features;
>> it should fix the issue.
>>

> I tried figuring out where/how DISTRO_FEATURES gets set, but
> kinda got lost in the structure.

Wayland seems to be the default for poky:
poky/meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf:DISTRO_FEATURES_append = "
largefile opengl multiarch wayland"

> Does something need to be defined to prevent Wayland from leaking
> into the image? I certainly didn't **ask** for it...

I'm not sure what to do now... as wayland is an append, even if we
overwrite the whole DISTRO_FEATURES in local.conf, poky will append
the string anyway...
It seems to me it's getting harder and harder to work with poky out of
an X environment.