[meta-freescale] Wandboard U-boot (2013.07-rc3) issues

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 04:45:02 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've built the u-boot 2013-07 version and burned it onto sdcard and the
> issue still happens.
>
> Here is the console output:
>
> U-Boot 2013.07 (Jul 23 2013 - 23:25:04)
>
> CPU:   Freescale i.MX6DL rev1.1 at 792 MHz
> Reset cause: POR
> Board: Wandboard
> DRAM:  1 GiB
> MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> Net:   FEC [PRIME]
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> mmc0 is current device
> Card did not respond to voltage select!

You should try to debug why you are getting such "voltage select" error.

> Booting from net ...
> FEC Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT !
> BOOTP broadcast 1
> BOOTP broadcast 2
> BOOTP broadcast 3

I assume you are trying to transfer kernel via dhcp, right?

In case you want to transfer via tftp you need to do:

setenv ip_dyn no

By default, the U-boot environment variables will attempt to boot the
kernel from the SD card. Please clarify where you want to retrieve the
kernel from.

If you want to load the kernel via tftp or dhcp, then you need to set
the 'serverip' variable.

setenv serverip 192.168.0.1

setenv ipaddr 192.168.0.2 (if you want to use tftp)

You can also reset the environment variables into the default configuration:

env default -f -a