[meta-freescale] GPU 2d/3d acceleration not working in yocto qte-in-use-image

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Thu Jul 18 00:16:38 PDT 2013

Le Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:02:27 -0300,
Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> a écrit :

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Daiane Angolini
> <daiane.angolini at freescale.com> wrote:
> > On 07/17/2013 10:14 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> >> Yes and if you check those they're build failure fixes (except the
> >> duplicated assignment in mx28evk) so I could keep autobuilder and
> >> users being able to build. So this is the exception :-)
> >
> > I don't agree it should exists any exception for this.
>
> For everything there're an exception. However those patches were
> failures which NO ONE fixed and I use daily build for checking the
> quality of the BSP so it being broken is a problem for me.
>
> It is clear that *most* people do not run updated master branches (or
> they'd have got those failures and send a patch).

some peoples are not only trying to get a successful build on a daily
basis but are designing products (sometimes based on master when the
product's release is due for the next Yocto's release) and so can't
update the master branch every day when they are working on their
board's BSP.
Being aware patches are applied on master to improve it (or fix it when
necessary) is a good information for them.

> > I really think any merged patch MUST be sent to ML previously.
>
> Most are send. Except the exceptions as said above.
>
> > I've been "accepting" your master-next approach only because I don't think
> > it matter for anyone. However, we must be sure what have in master.
>
> There's GIT for it. If people matter GIT log have all the information
> and I try to keep informative logs.

You're right, we always can find a technical solution. A more community
friendly solution would be to use the mailing list as done in most
other layers/projects but that's your layer so that's your policy and
now we know it. There is not cost for you (only a git send-email before
doing the git push - or even just after if you prefer).

> > Is there any restriction from Yoctoproject daily build server that it must
> > build every single time, with no failure?
>
> No; this is my restriction. The more time it is failing to build more
> failure accumulate and I keep it working all the time to avoid having
> hidden issues there.

the important thing is to be aware of your policies (and their
evolutions).

Eric