[meta-freescale] Gstreamer pipeline problem

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 07:12:27 PDT 2013

Hi Chris,

> That's unfortunate as I need a pipeline which can run on many different platforms, including 'standard pc'. This was one reason why I was using fakesink to capture the images - v4l looked like a way to go so that I could stream the video direct to the screen and get the full benefits of any acceleration supported by a platform (zero copy, etc.).

I think you will probably need to build an application that creates a pipeline
based on the host.  For example, a desktop system probably will not have much
use for V4L output devices, so they might not use v4l2sink but autovideosink.
On a i.MX6 for example, you'll want to use mfw_v4lsink, which as I understand it
does take advantage of some of the built-in acceleration.

Also, for video decoding (H.264 decompression I mean), you'll want to change the
element you use there as well.  For i.MX6 this is vpudec, but for general
purpose there is x264dec (think that is the name but not sure).

Regards,
John