[meta-freescale] Gstreamer pipeline problem

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Fri Jul 12 00:50:18 PDT 2013

Hi John,

On 12 Jul 2013, at 01:22, John Weber wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
>> gst-launch videotestsrc ! v4l2sink
>>
>> to work as there's no /dev/video1 ! Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to get v4l2 working under Ubuntu 12.04 for a radeon HD 5450 card? Google has not been my friend ;-)
>>

> /dev/video1 is created when you have an actual video input like a video decoder or camera or UVC camera and it would be used with v4l2src (or in the case of i.MX6 CSI, mfw_v4lsrc).
>
> videotestsrc should not need a video input device to work though as it is creates its own video data.  What is the error you are seeing?
>
> What is your setup?  Board? Yocto version?  Yocto image?

Sorry, I don't make myself clear here. I wanted to try v4l on my Ubuntu development system first - it's this that isn't working:

gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! v4l2sink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Sink:v4l2sink0: Cannot identify device "/dev/video1".
Additional debug info:
v4l2_calls.c(493): gst_v4l2_open (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Sink:v4l2sink0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...