[meta-freescale] Gstreamer pipeline problem

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 17:22:42 PDT 2013

Hi Chris,

> gst-launch videotestsrc ! v4l2sink
>
> to work as there's no /dev/video1 ! Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to get v4l2 working under Ubuntu 12.04 for a radeon HD 5450 card? Google has not been my friend ;-)

/dev/video1 is created when you have an actual video input like a video decoder
or camera or UVC camera and it would be used with v4l2src (or in the case of
i.MX6 CSI, mfw_v4lsrc).

videotestsrc should not need a video input device to work though as it is
creates its own video data.  What is the error you are seeing?

What is your setup?  Board? Yocto version?  Yocto image?

John