[meta-freescale] iMX6, OPENGL, OPENGLES, X11 GLX

Craig McDermott cmcdermott at rbccorp.com
Tue Jul 2 17:09:58 PDT 2013

I am really not having much luck with VIVANTE, iMX6, OPENGL, OPENGLES, X11 GLX working reliably and it is very slow. With the master branch, I am able load PNG files and render them as well as receive mouse events.  This is all I need to really do.  Load PNG files and render them.  Seemed like OPENGL, X11, GLX would be a nice choice but I am finding that not to be the case.  The loading is working fine the rendering part is slow.  I think it is in X maybe so I wanted to move to the frame buffer model and try the that. Other suggestions appreciated as well!!  I just want to be able to use the vivante hardware in Linux.

I am kind of new to yocto but it was mentioned that using the frame buffer was disabled because the master branch had moved to version DirectFB 1.6 and the freescale stuff was behind.  Can someone provide some detailed direction as to how I could bitbake a fsl-image-gui that uses framebuffer?  Basically enable USEFB again but how do I revert to the older version of DirectFB??
What the pitfalls of doing this??

I apologize in advance for my ignorance...any thought appreciated at this point.

Also, are there any prebuilts I can try to the GPU SDK 1.00 on.  Those do not work on the master and they kind of work on danny but mostly not.
Craig McDermott